- More butter (when I see pure cream at half price in the supermarket, how can I go past it???)
- More bread (I find I am making a loaf of bread every 3 days or so, depending on what meals we're eating)
- Red curry paste (EDC)
- Thai Red Curry (EDC - using above mentioned red curry paste :-) )
- Spaghetti Bolognaise (EDC)
- Baf's Award Winning Creamy Chicken & Veggies (forum)
- Stewed apples
- Stewed rhubarb
- Custard (lots :-) )
- Pureed apples and carrot
- Sweet Chilli dip
- Banana Bread (see my earlier post from today)
- Traditional Creamy Vanilla Icecream (EDC)
- Frozen Mango Bars aka Weiss Bars (forum/Best Recipes)
- Strawberry Jam (EDC)
- Playdough (EDC - what a hit this has been this week, need a messy mat for my floor though...)
The mango bars (which I froze in silicon muffin trays) are delicious. Next time though, I'll churn the creamy part so that it sets more like icecream. As it is, it's really solid and needs to partially thaw before you can get a spoon through it! (Hence why it's probably better to do these as bars and eat them like you would an icecream on a stick!) I did modify the recipe slightly to use coconut milk and macadamia nuts as well in the creamy half.
this post). This time though, I subbed in some wholemeal flour and made a single loaf. I was so happy with how it turned out. It is fabulous (and even better with homemade butter and strawberry jam!).
|Forgive the poor rolling skills...nah, wait a minute, I'm just being patriotic!|
|Bubble, bubble, boil and trouble!|
|Mmmm, tortilla goodness!|
The other exciting thing that happened this week, was the arrival of my much anticipated Mason Ball jars from The Redback Trading Company. This arrival has signified the start of my Christmas jam, relish, spread and paste making efforts and I think it will all look fabulous in these jars. How cute are they?
Happy, happy days!