Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Apricot Sour Cream Cake - Thermomix style

My Thermomix finally turned up yesterday.  So last night I used it to make the smoothest, creamiest mashed potato I've ever made.  Should have taken a photo, it was worth it!  I also made homemade lemonade and some Lime Butter.  It's all just too easy.
This morning I made my favourite cake, the Apricot Sour Cream Cake.  I have now converted it to Thermomix.  It's the easiest cake to make anyway, but the Thermomix has made it a smoother, more velvety cake to eat.
What a success!

Apricot Sour Cream Cake
80g dried apricots
125g butter
220g apricot nectar
125g sour cream
2 eggs
250g SR flour
30g shredded coconut
200g castor sugar

1.  Place dried apricots in TM bowl and process on speed 8 for 3 seconds (less if you like them chunkier) and set aside.
2.  Place butter in TM bowl and melt for 40 seconds at 50C on speed 4.
3.  Add nectar, sour cream and eggs and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
4.  Add remaining ingredients and mix for 20 seconds, reverse speed 3.
5.  Pour into a greased and lined tin (ring tin ideally, but I have successfully made this in square tin and loaf tin) in a preheated 180C oven for 40 minutes.
6.  Ice with a tangy lemon icing.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the new Thermomix! I love the sound of this heady apricot cake! Thinking I could replace the sour cream with pressed yogurt... Hmmm? MMmmm!

    ReplyDelete