Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Banana Pikelets

I had some overripe bananas that I needed to do something with.  Usually I just throw them in the freezer in their skins to deal with at a later date, but this time I knew I wanted to make Banana Pancakes.

Ingredients

  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 60 grams caster sugar
  • ½ cup milk
  • 30 grams butter, melted
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten

Directions

1. Place the flour and sugar into a bowl. In another bowl, combine the egg, banana, milk and butter.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the banana mixure. Using a whisk, gradually incorporate the flour and sugar into the banana mixture until a thick batter is formed.
3. Melt a small amount of butter in a frypan. Drop spoonfuls of batter and spread into a circular shape. They can be small like pikelets or the normal pancake size.
4. Flip the pancakes over when the base has turned golden and small bubbles start to appear on the surface of each pancake. Remove from frypan when second side is golden brown and the pancake is cooked through. Serve immediately.

I made these with wholemeal flour, and next time I will replace the sugar with honey.  These were a great hit with Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment