Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cheesymite and Ham & Cheese Scrolls

I decided to get my breadmaker out and dust it off the other day.  I was thinking about how every day (just about) I feed my son ham and cheese or vegemite and cheese sandwiches for lunch.  I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to make my own bread dough and then create scrolls with the same fillings.  I made the wholemeal bread dough using the recipe that came with the breadmaker.  I split the dough in half and rolled out each into a rectangle.  I spread one with Vegemite and sprinkled on grated cheese, and I placed ham slices over one half of the other piece of dough and again sprinkled cheese over.

Then I rolled each piece of dough into a log shape along the long edge.  The next step is to slice each log into (roughly) six equal pieces.  Best you have a sharp knife for this step.

I placed the 12 slices in a greased tin, which I'd also sprinkled with a little semolina to prevent sticking, and set it aside to prove for 30 minutes, then baked in a moderate oven until the bread was browned and sounded hollow when tapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment