Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thermomix cooking marathon!

Since receiving my Thermomix on Monday, I've gone slightly mad with cooking (as if I wasn't already anyway!).  On Tuesday, I tackled Sally's Yummy Relish, thanks to Full Little Tummies for posting the recipe.
I ended up having to finish reducing it on the stovetop because it was taking longer than expected and I needed to get dinner on.  Can't have hungry boys in my house that's for sure!

Dinner was the Mushroom Risotto from the Everyday Cookbook (EDC).  It made the most enormous amount of risotto, but it was absolutely delicious.  I still have leftovers in the fridge so I've decided I'm going to make balls and crumb them and put them in the freezer for another day!

Yesterday I made quite a few things.  Firstly I made Lavosh "bread".  This recipe came from the Tick of Yum blog.  The dough itself is really easy - just throw everything in.  The more challenging part of this recipe is to get the thickness of the dough right when you roll it out.  I found the dough to be quite sticky, so I rolled it between 2 sheets of baking paper.  Worked a treat!




When the right thickness is achieved, which I think is 2-3mm (paper thin is just too thin), remove the top sheet of baking paper and slide the bottom sheet (with the dough obviously!) onto a baking tray.



Ideally, you don't want it hanging over the edges, I was just too ambitious!  Bake until crisp.




I also made Isi's Portugese Rolls which have been extremely popular on the Thermomix Forum.




I enjoyed one toasted for brunch today smothered in the Lime Butter which I made on Monday.
Dinner last night was the Tomato and Lentil Dahl from the EDC which our family really enjoyed.  We had it with Naan Bread, a recipe provided by Chook Woman.  Absolutely yummy naan, and so easy to make in the Thermomix.



For dessert, I made a citrus sorbet using a lemon, a lime and an orange (recipe from the EDC).  Absolutely sublime.
I also made Tenina's Brownie Milk which makes a deliciously rich chocolate milk drink.  Again, yummo.



Today I made pizza bases in the Thermomix, and just made a simple bacon and pineapple topping on bought BBQ sauce.  I've now got a couple of bottles I can make some sauce in, so that will be a project for me in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment