Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Amanda's Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Late last night I needed something quick and easy to bake for my son to take to daycare today.  And obviously something that didn't require me to run to the shops in my PJ's.  I've had this recipe on my list of things to make in my Thermomix for a while now, so I decided to give it a spin.

I'm going to shock you now.  I've never made brownies before.  I know, weird right?  I LOVE to bake.  And I've never baked brownies.  Fortunately, this travesty of justice has now been rectified and I am forever corrupted.   I was kind of shocked by how much sugar there is in this little beauty, but I guess it's not something I plan to make every week (although you might need to sit down for a sec...I'm going to make them again this evening).

You can see the original of this recipe here or here.  Thanks to Amanda of Lambs Ears & Honey for this one!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup castor sugar
  • ½ cup cocoa
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup oil
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup cold water

Directions

1. Put everything into Thermomix and whizz on 7 for about 40 seconds or until all mixed together.
2. Pour into greased 13"x9"x2" pan and bake at 160C for 30 minutes - no longer if you like them quite dense.
3. Cool in pan and then cut into squares.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Will give this a spin this weekend!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these but with dextrose powder instead of castor sugar & a handful of dates and a slurp of treacle instead of brown sugar. They are in the oven at the moment. The mixture tasted amazing!Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete